Wednesday, January 23, 2013

2013 Travel Destinations

"You do not travel if you are afraid of the unknown; you travel for the unknown that reveals you with yourself" - Ella Mailart 

Don't you just love that quote above? The idea of unraveling something that's already lying within us but a discovery that could only be done on foreign lands.

Traveling is a luxury but yet, I believe, it should be a lifestyle. I love the feeling of packing and uprooting myself to somewhere for a couple of weeks. The idea of planning and settling errands before boarding the plane, gives me a feeling of tidying up that point of my life and coming back almost, always anew. 

Coming up with this post makes my heart soar but yet, there's a reserved feeling that's holding me back, asking, if this is possible? But, yet, we mustn't be afraid to dream right? 

So here are my 2013 travel destinations.

#1 Winter in The Netherlands



Two trips to The Netherlands, but each time only in the summer, I think, it's time to see snow blanketing the lands for as far as the eyes can see.

#2 New York



Being a Sex & The City fan girl, New York has always been in my dream list. Perhaps, it's just time that I see Manhattan with my own eyes this year.

#3 Mongolia


Am not quite sure how to make this happen, but Mongolia has always teased me with its strong landscapes and Nomadic traditions. As an English tutor in a local college, I've had the privilege of meeting many Mongolian students who told me, how wonderful their country is, especially the countryside. My dream when I am in Mongolia is to travel to the furthest parts of the desert and gaze at the million of stars that blankets the skies at night, ride horses and hold the magnificent eagles (with gloves, of course!)

Now, what are yours?

3 comments:

May said...

Let's hit NYC together this year! :)

DreaMachine said...

May, yes! We should look into the plan and how to make it happen :)

Warren Andrews said...

Travelling is an passion today for many people.They want to explore more and more places.As discussed in this blog these places are perfect for exploration and enjoy adventures things.

Wholesale Escapes

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails